|
Profile
"Lala, female, 9 years old. Loves cotton candy and high heels, hates carrots and insects. lives in Singapore." About
Interests-- Thank you
Layout is by Cia: (Blog | Acc)Icons/banners are from: Stopthetime / Reviviscent respectively. Links inspiration are from: Alissa. xoxo |
lovely
Monday, May 10, 2010
Having gone through a tough week, I decided to spend the Saturday trying to bake my first cake. The cake turned out like a pancake, flat and hard and I think it has to do with not putting baking soda. So I made oxtail stew instead.First you heat up some olive oil in a casserole, fry some bacon cubes in this, add seasoned oxtail and brown them for a few minutes, taking care not to burn the bacon. Add carrots, leek, celery, sage, parsley and some red wine and oyster sauce. Let the alcohol bubble away, add water, cover it and let it stew in the oven for 3 and 1/2 hour. HOW CAN IT NOT TASTE NICE? Try cooking most meats for 3 hours at least and they all taste good. Serve it with mash potatoes. I feel like Martha Stewart. In fact, I was just thinking about the most wonderful things in my life. Some of them aren't that accessible, but the simplest things that put a foolish grin on my face are actually readily available! heheh. note: I'll figure out what went wrong for the cake and try it some other time. Meanwhile, I'll need to survive the week. Its getting tough, and tougher. |
.
|